Re: Bug in window resizing?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug in window resizing?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:46:54 -0500

    I run into this when I tried to finish the rewrite of `balance-windows'.
    I have written a new version of balance-windows and it works (I
    belieive) but since Kim's patch gave some new possibilities I wanted to
    enhance it a bit. The rewrite contains three functions:

    1) A rewrite of balance-windows (at the moment called bw-balance, C-x + +)
    2) A new function to balance only the siblings in the tree from
    `window-tree' (bw-balance-siblings, C-x + .)
    3) A temporary mode for resizing current window with the arrow keys
    (started with C-x +)

Can you make use of the new function adjust-window-trailing-edge
to make these work right?

It might be hard to use that function, since it won't allow moving an
edge too close to another edge.  To change move several edges could be
like a sliding blocks puzzle.  We might need another new function that
takes a modified window-tree and installs all the new edges.