Re: Problem with revert-buffer and overlays

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Problem with revert-buffer and overlays
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:47:16 -0500

    Might be I don't understand this correctly but to get rid of an overlay
    you have to find it in the first place.  The original problem was that
    kill-all-local-variables killed the reference to the overlay and CUA's
    post-command hook wasn't able to find it any more.

That is easy to fix with a change-major-mode-hook.
The revert-buffer problem is something completely different.

     > I just tried it and revert-buffer did deactivate the mark.
     > Can someone describe a test case where it fails to do so?

    With text-mode it doesn't.

Please provide a precise test case.  It is not obvious.