Re: Patch that adds help to isearch

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Patch that adds help to isearch
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:48:19 +0200

>>    What about enabling isearch-mode-help only when the search string is
>> empty?
>>
>>We could consider that after the release.
>>
> There was just somebody on EmacsWiki who wanted to bind
> isearch-repeat-forward to f3. It seems like the help is needed. See
>
>    http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SearchAtPoint

I am aware of the development of the code on this page.  I don't think
the need for isearch-mode-help has any relation to this.  f3 is an attempt
to use the same key f3 that activated the search, in isearch mode too to
repeat the search  So you could use successive `f3 f3 f3 ...' to start
and repeat the search.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/