read-key-sequence bug?

From: David PONCE
Subject: read-key-sequence bug?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:58:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.6.10)
 of 2005-12-01 on localhost
X server distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60802000
configured using
`configure '--with-gtk' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign''

I noticed this with radio button menu items, which I don't think it's a normal
behavior.  Here is a scenario:

emacs -Q (the scroll-bar is on the left by default)
C-h k
Select menu "Options", "Show/hide", "Scroll-bar", "On the Right"
The scroll bar is actually moved on the right!
And the help buffer displays:

----- <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-scroll-bar> <left>
runs the command menu-bar-left-scroll-bar
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `menu-bar.el'.
It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-scroll-bar>
<left>.
(menu-bar-left-scroll-bar)

Display scroll bars on the left of each window.
-----

I tried the same scenario with `read-key-sequence'.  It runs the
radio-button menu item command too, and returns the currently selected
radio-button item instead of the one selected on the menu, that is
 [(menu-bar) options showhide showhide-scroll-bar left]
instead of
 [(menu-bar) options showhide showhide-scroll-bar right]

When selecting a menu item which is not a radio-button, describe-key
and read-key-sequence seem to work as expected.

Do others observe that?

Sincerely,
David