Re: Slow Info startup

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Slow Info startup
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:03:23 +0200

> Actually, we only need to use file-name-nondirectory for Info node
> names specifying other info files.  This way, links within info files
> will always be highlighted correctly, even for info session started
> with Info-on-current-buffer (external links will still have the flaw
> discussed previously).
> [...]
> !                              (external-link-p
> !                               (string-match "(\\([^)]+\\))\\([^)]*\\)"
> node))
> !                              (file (if external-link-p
> !                                        (match-string 1 node)

You need `file-name-nondirectory' around `match-string' here (and in
another similar place below).  But generally your patch should work
correctly for links in the same Info file, so I think it is a good
improvement.  (And I'd prefer one loop with `if external-link-p' inside
for clarity, because two separate loops wouldn't get significant
speedup here).

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/