Re: Sentinel interfering with compile's mode line update

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Sentinel interfering with compile's mode line update
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:31:18 -0500

>> Isn't that what compilation-finish-function and
>> compilation-finish-functions are for?

> I suppose so, but they aren't described in the compile docstring, nor do
> they appear in the compilation customization group.

It could probably be added to compile's docstring, indeed.
But it should stay out of the customization group since it's an
elisp-level functionality, unless we can come up with the good suggestions
of functions to put on that hook.

> That's either an oversight or they are implementation details and not
> meant to be used.

Not all the hooks are documented in dosctrings.  Maybe they should, but
until then I recommend checking the elisp code (or apropos
"foo-.*-\(hook\|functions?\)").

        Stefan