Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:54:49 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     > Precisely what do you want to turn off?
>
>     A splash screen at startup.
>
> That is done by inhibit-startup-message, which is in the group
> initialization.
>
> That is the parent of the fancy-splash-screen group.  So I think it
> would have been easy enough to find this if you looked a little
> harder.

The description in the documentation, the name, and also related
options don't suggest a connection.  I looked there, but did not make
the connection.

You might validly consider me stupid, but I guess that my level of
stupidity would be common enough to warrant catering for.

As long as catering for the stupid does not mean hampering the
intelligent people, it will save questions and annoyance.