Re: Including vc-darcs in Emacs

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: Including vc-darcs in Emacs
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 05:51:26 +0100

>> I am not necessarily against it, but could you tell me what vc-darcs does?

Darcs is a Free (GPL) distributed version control system used by a
significant number of Free software projects.  For example, all of
Debian's Common Lisp packages are maintained with Darcs.

For more about Darcs, please see http://www.darcs.net .

vc-darcs is a Darcs backend for Emacs' VC.  It's not quite complete,
as VC hardwires a number of assumptions that are not true with Darcs,
but it works well enough in practice.

There are a few small changes to VC's core that would make vc-darcs
much better, so I'd be grateful if you could put me in touch with VC's
maintainer.

                                        Juliusz