Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:55:09 +0100

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

   It would be good to have a function like this in Emacs:

   (defun delete-key-in-sparse-map(sparse-map key)

This function makes sense; I see how it could be used.  Do we really
need it now?
I just wanted to use it ;-)

It is not absolutely necessary, but useful. However if it is simple to write for someone knowing the internals I do believe it should be written since it might clear some misconceptions and make it more easy to understand the meaning of default values in sparse keymaps.