Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:43:29 -0500

    Right.  I would say changing `bury-buffer' would be an overshoot,
    though.  Perhaps `next-buffer' shouldn't call it?

bury-buffer is the only way to put a buffer at the end of the buffer
list.  next-buffer must call bury-buffer in order to do that.

    Now, I like these definitions as it makes more sense for me to keep
    the buffer cycle frame-local, but they do have one disadvantage: the
    `next-buffer'/`prev-buffer' cycle will not usually contain all
    buffers---just those that were displayed in the current frame.

As far as I can see, buffers that have never been displayed in this
frame WILL be included.  other-buffer will find them, and prev-buffer
will find them via the call to buffer-list.

However, I see that these functions do not find buffers that are
currently displayed in some window.  I think that these commands
should disregard whether the buffer is visible elsewhere.  That means
passing t for the 2nd arg to other-buffer, and removing some code in
prev-buffer.