Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:04:58 +0100

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

   >This function makes sense; I see how it could be used.  Do we really
   >need it now?

   I just wanted to use it ;-)

Why did you want to use it?

When starting a minor mode I read some key definitions outside that mode. If they have a certain value I define new values for those keys in that minor mode.

The next time I enter that minor mode the key definitions outside may however be different so I want to remove the key bindings I added when exiting the minor mode.