Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:07:16 -0500

    I appended to the end of this message enhanced versions of
    `next-buffer' and `prev-buffer' that eliminate this problem by
    maintaining a new auxiliary frame-local buffer list, called
    `previous-buffer-list'.  `next-buffer' prepends the old buffer to this
    list, and `prev-buffer' searches this list first; otherwise the two
    functions behave as in CVS.

That seems to fix the bug.  However, it seems that there are different
ideas of what is the right behavior in the multi-frame case.  I would
not mind having an option for that.