Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:28:43 +0200

> With the changes I'm suggesting you end up with the following preamble:
>
>   This is a customization buffer for group Emacs.
>
>   Editing an option value changes only the text in the buffer.  The
>   State button can be used to set or save the option value.  Saving an
>   option normally edits your init file.
>
>   See Help for more information.

I think your change makes this header more clear.  The only part that
is still confusing is

    The State button can be used to set or save the option value.

I suspect that the first thing that a novice will do after reading this
is to search the button with the name "State" in the customization buffer.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/