Re: Release of CC Mode 5.31

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release of CC Mode 5.31
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:53:49 -0500

    I thought about some Make magic, like making some of the *.elc files
    dependent on some other *.elc files which need to be compiled first.
    (We already have COMPILE_FIRST files that work around similar
    problems.)  Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

It would be possible, but very inconvenient.  And it would not do any good
for people that do M-x byte-recompile-directory.  The right thing to do
is figure out what really went wrong here, and then change the files
to avoid the problem.