Re: TAB in Eval: prompt in minibuffer?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: TAB in Eval: prompt in minibuffer?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:54:11 -0500

    If I remember correctly, it was me who proposed this change.  S-TAB is
    consistent with desktop environment where Shift is commonly used as a
    `reversal' modifier.  I.e. TAB moves forward, S-TAB moves backward.

It makes sense for S-TAB to do that.  However,
deleting Info's binding of M-TAB is a separate question.
Is there any reason not to restore that binding in Info?

    Of course, there is nothing wrong in keeping M-TAB in Info mode with
    the same functionality, but, please, let's not reverse the S-TAB
    addition.

Sounds like there is no reason.  So I am in favor of this change:

      I think info.el, help.el and wid-edit.el should bind both
    >     S-TAB and M-TAB to the same commands: S-TAB for window environments,
    >     and M-TAB for ttys.

Could someone please do that, then ack?