Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:29:16 -0500

    The way the Emacs release criteria is set up, the release process is
    stuck until the string_free_list/cons_free_list related crash bug that
    happens to some people is resolved.  There's no reason to think that
    these changes will affect that.

We have made some progress recently on these two bugs, thanks to your
help.  In fact, didn't we come to suspect that the problem only
happens with hyperthreading?  I think this will be dealt with
fairly soon.

Meanwhile, plenty of other bugs have been reported in the past two
weeks.  They too need to be fixed.  Could people please debug some of
them rather than arguing about the Customize buffer?