Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:57:54 +0200

> If you use any of these whole buffer buttons, then I strongly
> recommend that you use numbered backups of your Custom file and never
> automatically delete any of them.

I use whole buffer buttons only in single option buffers, i.e. buffers
created by `customize-option' or `customize-face'.  I use them as a fast
way to set an option in .emacs.  I usually do `C-h v some-variable',
read its documentation, type `customize-option', change its default value
and invoke `save' on the customization buffer.  For face customization,
I type `C-u C-x = TAB RET' or `customize-face' on a highlighted character,
and then invoke `save' in the face customization buffer.

Even if this is a typical way for most people to use Customize, of course
this doesn't mean that multi-option group customization buffers should be left
in a non-working state for years.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/