Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 20:25:32 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   Indeed, the Help link takes one to a node whose menu includes Saving
   Customizations.  I think we should change that menu item to

   * Saving Customizations::    How to save customizations in a different file.

As it stands, there is a problem with this text.  It suggests that if
you are happy with Custom saving into .emacs, you can safely skip this
node.  But it contains the following paragraph, which is useful for
everybody:

   If Emacs was invoked with the `-q' or `--no-init-file' options
(*note Initial Options::), it will not let you save your customizations
in your `~/.emacs' init file.  This is because saving customizations
from such a session would wipe out all the other customizations you
might have on your init file.

Sincerely,

Luc.