Re: cvs-mode-diff on marked files

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: cvs-mode-diff on marked files
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:59:04 +0200

> With the prefix T you can get what you want: T =
> As for why, it's mostly historical (that's how it was originally in PCL-CVS
> when I took over maintenance and it may have been originally due to
> limitations of early CVS).  I actually like it because I often select
> files to commit and then do diff one file at a time (either to fill the
> ChangeLog or to decide whether to add the file to set of selected files for
> commit).

Thanks, now I see.  The same problem exists in Dired where `!' always
operates on marked files.  I use the special command that operates on
the file at point.

(defun my-dired-do-shell-command-on-current-file (&optional arg)
  "Run a shell command on the current file instead of marked files."
  (interactive)
  (let ((dired-marker-char ?M))         ; ?M is unused marker char
    (call-interactively 'dired-do-shell-command)))
(define-key dired-mode-map "%!" 'my-dired-do-shell-command-on-current-file)
(define-key dired-mode-map [(control meta ?!)]
'my-dired-do-shell-command-on-current-file)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/