Re: MH-E manual update

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MH-E manual update
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:58:41 +0200

> Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:27:11 -0800
> From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> The existing manual in Emacs is for an *ancient* version 5 of MH-E. For
> the past two years (!) I've been rewriting the manual which started as
> three chapters in the O'Reilly MH book

Uh-oh...  If those chapters started as part of O'Reilly's book, are
you sure they can be released under GFDL?

> It's sort of a race to see if I can finish the job and release MH-E 8.0
> with it before Emacs 22 is released.

I don't have the slightest doubt that you will beat Emacs to it :-(

> it would be nice to get a heads-up when someone gets close to
> cutting tarballs.

Your heads-up will be when you hear about start of the pretest cycle,
at which point I expect emacs-22.0.50.tar.gz to hit alpha.gnu.org.
The pretest should take a while, with new pretest tarballs uploaded
from time to time, which should give you enough time to catch up.