Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:54:12 +0200

>> > Please see etc/FOR-RELEASE.
>>
>> I don't see why those things need to all be fixed before we start
>> the pretest.
>
> On he subject of FOR-RELEASE, the "C-h v warning-type-format gives
> "Search failed"." item was fixed by Luc Teirlinck with his 2005-11-21
> change to startup.el.

Same question about the item removed from FOR-RELEASE:

    ** Update what needs to be updated now that Global Font Lock mode and
       File Name Shadow mode are enabled by default.

The node (info "(emacs)Font Lock") currently says:

    Global Font Lock mode can also be set using the menu bar Options menu,
    specifying first Syntax Highlighting and then Save Options.

but I can't find such menu item.  If this menu item is not necessary anymore,
then the whole sentence should be removed.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/