Re: MH-E manual update

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: MH-E manual update
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 06:40:51 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
> >
> > The existing manual in Emacs is for an *ancient* version 5 of MH-E. For
> > the past two years (!) I've been rewriting the manual which started as
> > three chapters in the O'Reilly MH book
>
> Uh-oh...  If those chapters started as part of O'Reilly's book, are
> you sure they can be released under GFDL?

Yes. O'Reilly released them under the GPL:

  http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/

We had a discussion a while back about dual-licensing the manual since
it needs to be released under the GFDL for Emacs and under the GPL for
Debian (per the DFSG). If that's still the case, it would be helpful if
someone could point out an example of this so that I could see the
mechanism (i.e., text) of how this is actually done.

Would adding a mention of MH-E 8.0 source and manual be appropriate for
the FOR-RELEASE file?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD