Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:04:38 -0500

    >They were not _deliberately_ left in a non-working state for years.
    >Nobody knew that they were in a non-working state, because nobody
    >apparently ever clicked on them for years.

    I doubt that nobody clicked on them. Could it not be that our feedback
    mechanisms are a bit too weak to catch things like this? A beginner
    could click those without understanding what was happening and without
    understanding how to ask.

If you (plural) want to argue about this, would you please
take it off the list, so that it stops being a distraction?
This argument is not going to affect my decisions; I can't
even spare the time to read it all.