Re: Should not tutorial always use the default global map?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Should not tutorial always use the default global map?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:12:36 +0100

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:38:00 +0100
>>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>>>
>>> I just had a look at the Tutorial. No big success, because my key
>>> bindings does not work with the tutorial. Should not the Tutorial always
>>> use the default global map?
>>
>> If you know Emacs enough to change the default key bindings, you don't
>> need the Tutorial.
>
> The person who changed the bindings isn't necessarily the person
> reading the tutorial.

Then the person who changed the bindings should be drawn and quartered
for changing the other person's bindings, or the person reading the
tutorial should be chastized for copying other people's
initializiation files indiscriminately.

I doubt that this case is common enough to warrant "if this is not the
case, try using emacs -Q for calling Emacs" at the top of the file.