Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:49:07 -0500

    May I suggest that you (RMS) add _all_ bugs that you want to be fixed
    before the release to FOR-RELEASE, and then change the above to:

I keep track of bugs, and when nobody works on a bug report for a few
weeks, I do put it into FOR-RELEASE.

I don't do this immediately.  Usually I either ask a specific
appropriate person to work on the bug, or I wait a while, since often
someone will fix the bug.

    Or even better, we should make a file etc/KNOWN_BUGS which we can keep
    up-to-date with known, unresolved bugs.

That would be somewhat more work than what I am doing now.  I have no
objection to maintaining a file admin/KNOWN_BUGS if someone wants to
do it.  That file should not be part of the release.

    Who's talking about postponing debugging of known bugs?

I'm the only one talking about it, but lots of people appear
to be doing it ;-{.