RE: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:55:19 -0800

       I do agree that customize-browse is good, but it is still
       not my first tool for finding an option. In fact I seldom
       use it, but at times I use it to get an overview.

    One important thing to realize if you rely too exclusively on
    customize-apropos (or on other apropos commands for that matter) is
    that the buffer produced by customize-apropos does _not_ contain all
    customizable options, faces and groups matching your regexp, but
    _only_ those that are loaded.  This is a weakness of all the apropos
    functions.  On the other hand, customize-browse will load everything
    as needed.

Yes, this is important. Why not add this information to the doc strings of
the customize-apropos* commands? It would be sufficient to add the qualifier
"loaded":

 - customize-apropos: "Customize all loaded user options matching REGEXP"

 - customize-apropos-faces: "Customize all loaded user faces matching
REGEXP"

 - customize-apropos-groups: "Customize all loaded user groups matching
REGEXP"

 - customize-apropos-options: "Customize all loaded user options matching
REGEXP"

Likewise, for the regular apropos commands, if they have similar behavior.