Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:57:19 -0500

    >     I seem to have missed much of this discussion, but when I first ran
    >     across the customize beast I wished there was a 'Search' field or
button
    >     in the customize buffer.
    >
    > If there were such a button, what would it do?

    The same thing as the window menu:

       "Options/Customize Emacs/Settings Matching Regexp..."

That meaning is not clear from the name.  With the name `Search' I
would expect it to search the buffer.

We could give it a different name.  But why is important for it
to have a button in the buffer, rather than the menu item under
Options/Customize Emacs, which exists now?