Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:55:54 -0600 (CST)

Drew Adams wrote:

   Yes, this is important. Why not add this information to the doc strings of
   the customize-apropos* commands?

and:

   Likewise, for the regular apropos commands, if they have similar behavior.

I _will_ say something about it in man/custom.texi, when I send my patch.

In as far as the docstrings go, my remark that only loaded stuff is
found applies to most of Emacs: all apropos functions, C-h v, C-h f
and friends, and so on.  So _many_ docstrings would have to be changed
if we wanted to be consistent.  `customize' and `customize-browse' are
isolated exceptions to the general rule, because Custom stores extra
info in its groups.

Sincerely,

Luc.