Re: list of coding systems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: list of coding systems
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:43:03 +0100 (CET)

> > How can I generate a (human readable) list of coding system which
> > shows *all* properties of the coding system?  Is there a function in
> > Emacs which can do that?
>
> No.  I don't know exactly what you means by "human
> readable", but how about this?
>
> (dolist (elt (coding-system-list t))
>   (pp (cons elt (coding-system-plist elt))))

Thanks!

No I can reliably list the bugs and problems.

  . Regarding the `windows-125x' tags, I was wrong -- I've indeed
    misread the code.  Everything is just fine.

  . The following coding systems have MIME tags which don't exist:

      cp874
      next
      iso-8859-11

  . The following coding system doesn't have the proper MIME tag:

      vietnamese-viqr  =>  VIQR

  . I wonder whether `japanese-iso-7bit-1978-irv' can get the
    `ISO-2022-JP' MIME tag.

  . It is perhaps useful to explicitly add `mime-charset nil' to

      cyrillic-alternativnyj
      in-is13194

    Hmm, maybe it's even better to tag all codings without a MIME tag
    accordingly.

      Werner