Re: read-key-sequence bug?

From: David PONCE
Subject: Re: read-key-sequence bug?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:20:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.6.10)
>  of 2005-12-01 on localhost
> X server distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60802000
> configured using
> `configure '--with-gtk' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign''
>
> I noticed this with radio button menu items, which I don't think
> it's a normal behavior.  Here is a scenario:
>
> emacs -Q (the scroll-bar is on the left by default)
> C-h k
> Select menu "Options", "Show/hide", "Scroll-bar", "On the Right"
> The scroll bar is actually moved on the right!
> And the help buffer displays:
>
> ----- <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-scroll-bar> <left>
> runs the command menu-bar-left-scroll-bar
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `menu-bar.el'.
> It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-scroll-bar>
> <left>.
> (menu-bar-left-scroll-bar)
>
> Display scroll bars on the left of each window.
> -----
[...]

Just to let you know that, after cvs update of Emacs this morning, I
noticed that the following change fixed the above problem.

2005-12-12  Jan Djärv  <address@hidden>

        * xmenu.c (menubar_selection_callback): Do nothing if the callback
        is for an unselected radio menu item.

Thanks Jan!

Sincerely,
David