Re: Carbon port: M-§ not recognized (Italian keyboards)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Carbon port: M-§ not recognized (Italian keyboards)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:26:35 +0900

> suggesting that something goes wrong with back-translating the
> keycode in macterm.c.  Does anyone have a good suggestion about the
> underlying cause of this?

By the way, I noticed that the current backtranslate_modified_keycode
does not work as I suggested in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-09/msg00736.html :

>       If the system didn't intercept the keyboard input, we obtain
>       keycode using KeyTranslate after stripping off all the Mac
>       modifier keys that are mapped to some Emacs modifiers.

Even if mac-option-modifier is nil, the current code strips off the
option key bit.  So control-shift-alt-7 does not generate C-\ with
Finnish keyboards, for example.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden