Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:24:26 +0200

> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:19:20 +0100
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan_Dj=E4rv?= <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> I mean that if the general problem of updating menu-updating-frame is fixed,
> the detached menus should "just work".

This cannot be fixed in a platform-independent manner.  Each window
system and each toolkit (more accurately, each version of the menu
support C code) needs to find its own solution.  Currently, AFAIK,
there's a known problem with non-toolkit X build and perhaps with one
of the Mac builds (I'm not sure which one exactly, but I think you can
find it out by reading previous messages in this thread.)