Re: MH-E 8

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: MH-E 8
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:33:21 -0500

    > It is probably better if we postpone a major update till after the
    > release.  How much change would MH-E version 8 entail?

    Richard, there is little to worry about. If you recall, MH-E now uses
    the Emacs CVS repository. So CVS Emacs already has an alpha of MH-E 8.0
    (aka 7.85).

In that case, we would like to have the final MH-E 8 before the Emacs
release.

    For a ballpark estimate, we're looking at about a month or so.

We surely won't make the release within a month.

    >        However, the use of doc strings in the manual without extensive
    > rewriting would tend to make the manual less than ideal.  Doc strings
    > and a manual are rather different, and the text that is good for one
    > is not very good for the other.

    For MH-E, it's working out wonderfully.

I am surprised.  Normally this results in making either the doc string
or the manual strained.