RE: customize-apropos

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: customize-apropos
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:25:18 -0800

       We might want to change that text, because it seems to suggest there
       was a bug.  If it is unusual and occurs only after a special request,
       that message is too alarming to fit the situation.

    What about the following (the text can barely be any longer than the
    string below, or it would look very bad in the Custom buffer):

    NO CUSTOMIZATION DATA; use only if you know what you are doing.

I probably shouldn't jump in here, but that text tells me nothing, except to
stay away from the option in question. What's the point of scaring people?
If this is truly dangerous, then we shouldn't show it. If we show it, then
it's for people to use, not to shun.