Re: log-view documentation

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: log-view documentation
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:45:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Juri Linkov wrote:

> You could mention also how it works if there is the active mark in
> the log-view buffer.

> Also in the same thread Richard pointed out that actually `n' moves
> to the the previous revision, and `p' moves to the next revision,
> and not vice versa.

Hah, I never thought of it like that.  Good catch.

Thanks for bring both of these to my attention.

I've attached an updated patch.

Here's how it changed from the previous patch:

@item p
Move to the @emph{next} revision of the file.  Revision entries in the
log buffer are listed in descending order, therefore revision motion
is the inverse of point motion.  A numeric prefix argument is a repeat
count, so @kbd{C-u 10 p} would move 10 revisions.

@item n
Move to the @emph{previous} revision of the file.  A numeric prefix argument
is a repeat count.

[...]

@item d
Display the diff (@pxref{Comparing Files}) between the revision
indicated at the current line and the revision before it.  This is
useful to see what actually changed when the revision indicated on the
current line was committed.  When the mark is active (@pxref{Mark}),
display the diff between the revisions found at the start and end of
the region.