Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:02:42 -0500

    I think a link to the place wher translation-table-for-input is
    explained would be good.

Ok.

                             BTW it would be easier to understand the
    purpose of this variable if it was named translation-table-for-insert.
    Is not that what it is?

Now it is not used only for insertion.  Search commands use it too.
(I will update its documentation.)

    >Such vagueness is unhelpful.  Please say what the function does.
    >Then add an xref to it.

    I have rewritten it but I do not know how to make an xref to it.

The simple way is to make an xref to the node containing the main
explanation of that function.

I think your draft is ready to install.  I will do that, and clarify
some of the wording.