RE: Where is patch?

From: Richard Campbell
Subject: RE: Where is patch?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:47:57 -0500

> *** For Emacs: I would like the default on MS Windows to be CR-LF line
> endings. That would in my opinion be less surpricing for an MS Windows user.

1. My opinion is that \n line endings on Cygwin (a Unix-ish environment) are
less surprising.
2. Cygwin already has a feature for determining line endings for files opened
in text mode, and a corresponding install setting for the default (dos versus
unix).  If you wanted a default CR-LF ending out of Emacs, you could get it
that way.

-Richard Campbell.