Re: newsticker-start: Recursive laod error

From: Tomas Zerolo
Subject: Re: newsticker-start: Recursive laod error
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:16:40 +0100

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:22:29PM +0100, Ulf Jasper wrote:

[...]

> That Occam guy is an old friend of mine... but could someone please explain
> the "(< 0 (length LIST)) === LIST" part to newbie me?

I'm guessing you are baffled by the === part. This is not Lisp, but meta-lisp
;-) meaning roughly "is equivalent to". So that reads

    (< 0 (length LIST)) is equivalent to LIST

which, of course only has meaning in some contextx (and in some others
it's even false, as has been pointed out in this thread).

I.e., instead of writing

    (if (< 0 (length LIST))
       ...)

you may write

    (if LIST
       ...)

*provided you know LIST is indeed a list* (and not e.g. a string).

Ah, Thien-Thi's conciseness... :-)

Regards
-- tomas