Re: Where is patch? - problems with patch.exe on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Where is patch? - problems with patch.exe on w32
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:19:18 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:04:19 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>

The trouble I had turned out to be one with line endings. For some reason patch does not behave as Emacs on w32 when it comes to line endings. A line and should just be a line end in my opinion. The patched text file should retain its original line format. If this is possible then that would really give me and other using w32 a fair chance of doing useful work. So I hope to get in contact with the patch maintainer about this.

I use the GnuWin32 port of Patch on Windows, and it works fine for me.
Since I checkout Emacs files with -kb option to "cvs up", they (the
text files in Emacs source tree) have Unix-style EOLs.

But I am just using the method for checkout that is shown on the Savannah page. I think that should work. That is why I am suggesting that patch should be a little bit more friendly.

Unfortunately I do not even understand exactly what you are doing.