Re: GTK file selector

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:59:21 +0200

>> Is there something to configure I missed?
>
> No, just hit / in the dialog, this gives you a small window where you
> can enter the path and filename. You can also use C-l to open the dialog
> box.
>
> Yes, this sucks like hell.

What an irony that the goal of Gnome developers was to design an easy-to-use
file dialog, and now no one can use it without hints acquired from others.

If there is some option that restores the old reasonable behavior in new
GTK2 dialogs, Emacs could set such an option by default.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/