Re: defcustom :type to use for a key sequence?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: defcustom :type to use for a key sequence?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:13:03 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

I sent this question to gnu-emacs-help a while back. I got one reply saying
that there is no better choice, for now, than `sexp', and that this
(key-sequence typing) was to be reviewed for possible enhancement after the
release.

Can someone confirm that `sexp' is the best choice here, for now? Thanks.

IMO, this is better (using a string type):
IMO a sexp is better since it is more flexible. The doc string could have an example or link to an example.

It would be very useful to have a :type 'kbd that could DTRT
re. :set etc.

Agree.