Re: GTK file selector

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:52:34 +0100

 Ar an cúigiú lá déag de mí na Nollaig, scríobh Juri Linkov:

 > >> Is there something to configure I missed?
 > >
 > > No, just hit / in the dialog, this gives you a small window where you
 > > can enter the path and filename. You can also use C-l to open the dialog
 > > box.
 > >
 > > Yes, this sucks like hell.
 >
 > What an irony that the goal of Gnome developers was to design an easy-to-use
 > file dialog, and now no one can use it without hints acquired from others.

It’s an irony if you ignore that their goal was to design a dialog that was
easy to use for naive users. In 2005, naive users do not use any form of
emacs, in general, and even the experts are abandoning it today.

--
I AM IN JAIL AND ALLOWED SEND ONLY ONE CABLE SINCE WAS ARRESTED WHILE
MEASURING FIFTEEN FOOT WALL OUTSIDE PALACE AND HAVE JUST FINISHED COUNTING