Re: Where is patch? - problems with patch.exe on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Where is patch? - problems with patch.exe on w32
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:19:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Since I checkout Emacs files with -kb option to "cvs up", they (the
text files in Emacs source tree) have Unix-style EOLs.

But I am just using the method for checkout that is shown on the Savannah page. I think that should work.

It works without using -kb as well, I just described what I do in my
setup.  If your Emacs tree is checked-out without -kb, you don't need
to use the --binary option, that's the only change.
I use the same command for update and initial checkout. Do you then add -kb to the command described on Emacs home page at Savannah?

Since this procedure is not the standard procedure as far as I understand I wonder if there are any more problems with doing so? What about check ins? What about those part in the emacs/nt subdirectory?