Re: GTK file selector

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:52:07 -0500

    > No, just hit / in the dialog, this gives you a small window where you
    > can enter the path and filename. You can also use C-l to open the dialog
    > box.

    If you type any non-function or non-prefix key while the dialog is
    foregrounded, it opens an even smaller text box with the value of the
    key already inserted and the first entry in the current directory that
    matches the value highlighted (as I just discovered by doing that on a
    whim).

These sound like reasonable features.  What is missing is something to
give the user a clue to them.