Re: GTK file selector

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:18:35 +0100

19 dec 2005 kl. 05.40 skrev Richard M. Stallman:

    If you use it to open existing files it will be read only.

That sounds like a bug, unless I've misunderstood the facts.
Which menu item does this?

Open File should not make files read only,
if the user can read them.

Sorry to be unclear, "it" refers to the text entry box in the fileselection widget (the old GTK dialog). But I can just as well make it so the user can enter file names there, it is just for the new dialog we need to distinguish between open old and open new file.

        Jan D.