Re: defcustom :type (file :must-match t)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: defcustom :type (file :must-match t)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:37:24 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   According to its docstring the file widget is supposed to read a file
   name value _in the minibuffer_.  Of course, we can all see that in
   practice, it reads it in an editable field.  I do not know what is
   going on.

By going through the Change Logs, I figured out that Richard changed
this eight and a half years ago, but the docstring (and some other
docs) apparently never got updated.  Since then, as I already
mentioned, :must-match only checks for actual existence of the file if
you manage to still invoke it through the minibuffer, say through
custom-set-variable.  The old code for invoking through the minibuffer
from a Custom buffer (widget-file-action) is still in wid-edit,
commented out.

Sincerely,

Luc.