Re: gdb-ui sells Emacs

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: gdb-ui sells Emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:32:48 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> There has been little feedback has been over the last year or so,
>> and I've not been sure if thats because people like it as it is, or
>> because they don't like it and therefore don't use it.
>
> More likely because they are taking it for granted.  It is an "oh,
> Emacs does this now" thing.  Nothing to write home about unless it
> does not work.

Or they are like me C++ programmer who reverted to writing stuff in
logfiles and on stdout as gdb is barely unusable to them.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=375
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=2055
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=931
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=1512

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough