Re: address@hidden: Links in Help buffer]

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Links in Help buffer]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:27:28 +1300

 >      > 2000-05-09  Dave Love  <address@hidden>
 >      >
 >      >       Changes mostly following Richard Sharman
 >      >       <address@hidden>.
 >      >
 >      >       * help.el (describe-variable): Have customize button pop the
 >      >       help-xref stack when invoked.
 >
 >     I've reverted this change (now in help-mode.el) since I can see now
 >     that in 21.3 help-follow pushed an item onto the stack but that's not
 >     the case now.
 >
 > I have a feeling that Dave Love made that change to fix some bug.
 > Maybe that other bug has come back now.  Perhaps we need to fix it
 > some other way, but we shoud fix it.
 >
 > Dave, can you tell us what bug that fixed?

Maybe Dave does have something to add, but I can see the bug that this change
fixed in 21.3 and why its not needed now (causes a bug now, in fact).  If I
couldn't, I wouldn't have reverted the change.

I have a patch for Help links which I guess will have to wait after the
release.  I also want to convert descr-text.el from widgets to help links so
solve some of its problems, but this isn't a trivial task.  Perhaps I should
mention this in TODO so there isn't duplication of effort.

Nick