Re: GTK file selector

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:09:21 -0500

      Also, by default, Gnome
    applications use the new one, so I think the new one should be default
    as it is more familiar by now.

The sad thing is, it seems that the new one is so inconvenient that we
will have to teach people not to use it.

Is there any way we could put some sort of text into the new GNOME
file selector, saying "We know this is inconvenient, and we recommend
you use C-x C-f instead"?  Could we display that in a small window
alongside the file selector?