Re: Block cursor in a tty

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Block cursor in a tty
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:26:43 +0200

        Can we at least make it a customizable option?  I didn't
        look very much into this, but it sure felt annoying when
        I first set the default cursor of my consoles to
        non-block mode and found out that Emacs appeared to
        'reset' the cursor to block mode.

    You can certainly control this by changing the termcap entry.

    Could the terminal emulator let you specify how the visual mode
    cursor should look?

Possibly.  Not all terminal emulators support modifying the
termcap on the fly, and altering the termcap entry is sometimes
difficult for people who have no write access to the termcap
database or lack the expertise required to hack termcap entries.

Making things a little easier would be fine, IMHO :)